SecurityMetrics External Vulnerability Scan is an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) scan that helps you with PCI compliance and stay ahead of cyber criminals. Our regularly updated scan engine identifies external network vulnerabilities so you can keep your data safe. Combining multiple powerful scan engines and utilizing the latest scan technology, the SecurityMetrics scan engines work to find business network and web application weaknesses that may allow backdoors, remote access, SQL injection and many other types of malicious attacks.
SecurityMetrics keeps its scan engines up to date with information provided by SecurityMetrics forensics investigators, penetration test analysts, and both PCI and HIPAA assessors. After conducting a scan at your organization, our support experts are available to assist you in the remediation process by providing recommendations to repair discovered vulnerabilities.
For PCI compliance, and depending on how you process credit cards, you may be required to conduct a scan and achieve a passing status.
This product is for adding a new scan to your account. If you have existing scans you need to renew, please call SecurityMetrics support: 801.705.5700.
Note: This product will expire 1 year after purchase.
What's the difference between External Vulnerability Scan and Perimeter Scan?
- External Vulnerability Scan is an annual payment for a specific target (web domain or IP address). External Vulnerability Scan customers can change their target by calling SecurityMetrics support. Some customers do this for dynamic IPs (DHCP).
- Perimeter scan is a pay-as-you-go scan, allowing you to purchase credits for any number of web domains or IP addresses. Perimeter scan allows you to add, edit, or delete targets at will.
- View attached product images to see differences in the interfaces.
- Run scans simply, without any extensive technical knowledge.
- Simplify vulnerability reporting with access to an executive summary, attestation of compliance, and vulnerability reports.
- Enjoy unlimited support from a 24/7 scan technician support team that provides vulnerability remediation steps.
- Using vulnerability scanning allows you to complete up to 7% of your SAQ.
- Automated quarterly scanning
- Unlimited rescans until passing
- Vulnerability report
- ASV reports for PCI compliance
- Prioritization of vulnerability threats
- 24/7 technical support
- Online remediation recommendations
- False positive submission
43 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We find it easy to maintain.
Good You should allow users able to add new website for scan and go through add to cart button and process it quickly Now it is a big issue of getting live customer support representative online to add.
It's easy to manage.
Makes staying compliant easy.
Very easy to use website. Found issues we were not aware of.
Does everything we need it to for a good price. Most importantly the support team are excellent and the phone is always answered quickly.
The scan has consistently shown any potential flaws in our systems, with clear details such as impact and resolution on any failures. To get 5 starts it would be good to be able to rescan just one particular failure rather than having to schedule a complete new scan.
Very good product, I am happy with this and would definitely recommend
It's good but there are a few settings I have to enable to ensure the scan can determine the hosting environment systems. I imagine this is to identify which specific tests to run. I don't like the idea of having to expose this information just for the tests. Also some of the feedback from failed tests could be less technical. I'm quite technical myself but some of the failed test information is very, very hard to interpret if you're not a web security specialist. Staff support via the phone is always excellent and can't be faulted."