SecurityMetrics Perimeter Scan is an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) scan that helps you stay ahead of cyber criminals. This scan may also be used for PCI compliance. Our regularly updated scan engine identifies external network vulnerabilities so you can keep your data safe. Combining multiple powerful scan engines and utilizing the latest scan technology, the SecurityMetrics scan engines work to find business network and web application weaknesses that may allow backdoors, remote access, SQL injection and many other types of malicious attacks.
SecurityMetrics keeps its scan engines up to date with information provided by SecurityMetrics forensics investigators, penetration test analysts, and both PCI and HIPAA assessors. After conducting a scan at your organization, our support experts are available to assist you in the remediation process by providing recommendations to repair discovered vulnerabilities.
For PCI compliance, and depending on your SAQ type, you may be required to conduct a scan and achieve a passing status.
What's the difference between External Vulnerability Scan and Perimeter Scan?
- External Vulnerability Scan is an annual payment for a specific target (web domain or IP address). External Vulnerability Scan customers can change their target by calling SecurityMetrics support. Some customers do this for dynamic IPs (DHCP).
- Perimeter scan is a pay-as-you-go scan, allowing you to purchase credits for any number of web domains or IP addresses. Perimeter scan allows you to add, edit, or delete targets at will.
- View attached product images to see differences in the interfaces.
- Run scans simply, without any extensive technical knowledge.
- Simplify vulnerability reporting with access to official ASV reports: executive summary, attestation of scan compliance, and vulnerability reports.
- Enjoy unlimited support from a 24/7 scan technician support team that provides vulnerability remediation steps.
- Credit-based pay-per-scan model
- Add, edit, delete scan targets at will
- Mass target upload (web domain or IP address)
- Target group management
- Scan targets on your schedule
- Vulnerability report
- ASV reports for PCI compliance
- Prioritization of vulnerability threats
- 24/7 technical support
- Online remediation recommendations